Monday, July 12, 2010

Paul Jennings - Unbearable

LITTLE BLACK BALLS

'What are these little black balls?' said Mum in a loud voice.

She was standing there holding a pair of my jeans in one hand and the little black balls in the other. I wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't going to like it. Mum usually checks the pockets before she puts my jeans in the wash. I should have emptied them. But I forgot. Now the jeans were all stained. "Well......' I began.

'Come on, Sally' said Mum. She thrust the little black balls under my nose. 'Out with it'.

I just looked at my toes for a bit. Then I took a deep breath. It was no good stalling. 'goat poo,' I said.

'Goat poo,' shrieked Mum. She threw the droppings on the floor and scrubbed at her hands with a towel. Then she turned on me with flaming eyes. I could tell that she was just about to do something silly. Like ground me for a month. Or stop my pocket money.

'I can explain,' I said. 'You won't be mad when I tell you what happened. Just give me a chance.' I took another deep breath and launched into my explanation.

Get into reading!!!!

Check out this site of Paul Jennings

http://www.pauljennings.com.au/



No comments:

Post a Comment